Air Group has announced the finalist shortlist for three of the categories at its inaugural Air Awards.
The three categories and shortlisted finalists are:
- Lender of the year 2020 (equity release): Aviva; Canada Life; Hodge; Just; Legal & General; LV=; more2life; One Family; and Pure.
- Lender of the year 2020 (non-equity release): Accord Mortgages; Bank of Ireland; Barclays; Dudley Building Society; Family Building Society; Halifax; Hodge; Leeds Building Society, Marsden Building Society; NatWest; Newbury Building Society; Newcastle Building Society; Santander.
- Provider of the year 2020: Ashfords; Assureweb: Dignity; Equilaw; Key; Leeds Building Society; My Care Consultant; Octopus; Paymentshield; Prudential; UK Care Guide.
Advisers are now able to vote for their favourite by visiting: https://freeonlinesurveys.com/s/rdJ5Njdl. The voting closes on 3 April.
The Air Awards, which will take place in Leicester on 4 June following the National Later Life Adviser Conference, are comprised of these three categories plus a further eight Awards will be given out, all of which will be decided internally by teams within Air Group.
These other categories are:
- CEO’s Adviser of the Year – this will be given to the adviser who has increased their business volumes the most in the last 12 months.
- Air Mortgage Club Adviser of the Year – this will be allocated to the adviser who has engaged with the mortgage club team most, has accommodated the team’s requests, and engaged with the customer service support on offer, as determined by the customer service team.
- Air Later Life Academy (LLA) Adviser of the Year – this will be given to the adviser who has best utilised the services offered by the Air LLA training and development initiative. The chosen adviser will have shown effort and determination to actively engage with the Academy and all it offers.
- Best Newcomer (Air Mortgage Club) – this will be presented to the adviser who has most recently joined the club and instantly shown an effort and engagement with the many services offered.
- Best Newcomer (Air LLA) – this will be given to the adviser who has recently joined the academy and shown instant engagement with the academy’s various services.
- The ‘Tech Talker’ Award – this will be given to the member the Group feel provides the most feedback to its Air Sourcing system, which has value and relevance to shaping the future of the system.
- The Diamond Award – this will be presented to the member who has given 10-plus years support to Air Group. They will have actively continued to support what the Group does from its initial Equity Release Club beginnings right up to now.
- The Platinum Award – this will be given to the member who has written the most completions via Air Mortgage Club in the 12 months leading up to the presentation evening.
Stuart Wilson (pictured), CEO of Air Group, said: “At the start of the year, we opened nominations for three categories at the Air Awards and having compiled all the votes received we are now able to announce our finalist shortlist. We’re now asking advisers to vote for their favourites in each category, whether that is lender (equity release), lender (non-equity release) or provider.
“The shortlist is comprised of the brightest and the best from right across the later life sector and, coupled with our other eight awards, the 4th June promises to be an excellent day and night in our sector. With the National Later Life Adviser Conference and the Air Awards, we are bringing the entire sector together to learn more about the opportunities available and to celebrate excellence.
“We’d like to wish all our finalists the best of luck and ask advisers to use their vote to reward the top operators in our industry.”