Existing HSBC Life Protection policyholders in the UK will now receive additional physical and mental health benefits.
The new benefits, which will be included as standard on new policies, is provided in partnership with Square Health.
They will provide new and existing customers with virtual value-added health services and is a free to HSBC Life (UK) Limited policyholders who have purchased their policy through an external intermediary, such as IFAs and aggregators.
The additional free benefits for policyholders include:
- 24/7 remote GP consultations;
- Mental health support with counsellors, therapists who specialise in cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and psychologists;
- Private prescriptions without the need to visit a clinic;
- Second Medical Opinion to check a diagnosis, answer questions and receive advice on treatment options;
- Physiotherapy to restore movement and function, including an initial assessment, personalised treatment plan and up to 8 video call physiotherapy consultations a year; and
- Health MOT testing the status of over 20 health markers.
Mark Hussein, CEO of HSBC Life (UK) Limited, said: “Covid-19 has changed the traditional view of how we think of face-to-face medical appointments. By introducing our new online health service we hope to help our customers meet with a remote GP virtually in the comfort of their own home.
“Our new service also provides customers with access to a second medical opinion, which means they can have a further consultation on treatment options with a UK-based medical specialist. It is essential that we diversify our product offering in the current environment and evolve to provide our customers with the best service possible.”
Dr Bippon Vinayak, executive chairman of Square Health, added: “The events during 2020 have highlighted more than ever the value of digital solutions for the delivery of healthcare. We’re delighted to partner with HSBC Life UK to provide high-quality, trusted and safe medical assistance which is readily available at the point of need – day or night.
“We see this partnership as the beginning of a journey in which we will help people lead healthier lives and provide a trusted source of healthcare advice whatever their medical concern and wherever they are in the world.”