The Post Office has cut rates on a number of products.
The new rates include:
- Two year fixed rate (no fee) at 3.19% (80% LTV) – market leading
- Two year fixed rate (no fee) at 3.49% (85% LTV) – market leading
- Five year fixed rate (£995 fee) at 2.85% (75% LTV) – market leading with fee below £995
- Two year fixed rate (£1,995 fee) at 1.70% (60% LTV)
- Five year fixed rate (£995 fee) at 3.69% (85% LTV)
John Willcock, head of Post Office Mortgages, said: “Post Office’s new mortgage rates are our best ever and offer a range of deals for potential homebuyers, whatever their situation. The rates on many of our products have been significantly reduced, while some are also fee-free. Buyers are hungry for a good deal and our new rates offer some of the most competitive in the market.
“The diversity of our range means whether you’re hunting for your first ever home or looking to move, there is something suitable for your needs. We put our customers first and want to offer the best range possible to help them buy their home in the way that suits them best.
“Our two year fixed rate mortgage at 3.49% (85% LTV) comes without an arrangement fee and is ideal for those borrowers who are looking for a mortgage with a smaller deposit. Saving up the money for a deposit can sometimes seem like a real struggle so every effort must be made to keep initial costs at a low.”