The Saffron Building Society has unveiled its ‘Autumn Sale’ on self-build.
A self-build mortgage has been reduced from 4.45% to 4.20% (variable rate) for a limited period.
Saffron’s self-build mortgages are designed for those building their own home or converting or refurbishing an existing structure.
The discounted self-build mortgage includes the following features:
- Every application is manually assessed by a specialist self-build underwriter
- Flexible stage payments; funds are released in stages that can be tailored to each individual project
- Available to first time buyers
- Up to five times income considered on applications, assessed on a case by case basis
- Custom-build developments are also accepted
Colin Field, the Saffron Building Society’s CEO, said: “We know there is growing demand for self-build homes and we want to support our brokers and their customers who are keen to go it alone on a building project.
“Many will have taken time off during the summer giving them head space to plan their dream ‘self build’ house project.
“Our Autumn Sale will now help in that next step, getting the finances in place to make this dream become a reality.
“A project like this may seem daunting to many but one of our specialist team will be pleased to help customers complete this important step in the process – helping to reduce the stress.”