Skipton Building Society has added a pair of new low rate, higher fee fixed rate deals to its mortgage range.
The deals are as follows:
- Two-year fixed rate at 2.29% to 60% LTV with £195 application fee and £1,200 completion fee
- Two-year buy-to-let fixed rate at 3.18% to 60% LTV with £245 application fee and £1,750 completion fee.
Criteria applicable to all of the above mortgages:
- Early repayment charge: 3/2% of capital repaid and, after the product end date, interest to the end of the month;
- Overpayments of up to 10% per annum allowed without charge;
- Free standard legals and valuations available on all remortgage products.
These new products are available through the Society’s Skipton Direct customer service centre, branches and all intermediaries.
“We know that there is no ‘one size fits all’ when it comes to mortgages, particularly in the current economic climate, and therefore we aim to provide as much choice as possible to help customers achieve their homeownership aspirations,” said Kris Brewster, Skipton’s head of products.
“We expect that these products will prove to be attractive options for people with larger mortgages, for whom the high fee is an attractive trade off when it comes to benefiting from a particularly low rate.”